Wednesday 11 September 2013

Exfoliating 101



I love exfoliating...its my favourite part of my skincare regime, I just think that it is the one step that you really notice a difference with.

Exfoliating, I believe is necessary for any skin type; gives dry skin radiance, helps decongest oily skin etc.

There are two different types of exfoliators, chemical and physical. I happen to like both, and use both regulary.

A chemical exfoliant uses Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) or equivalent to buff the dead skin away, whereas a physical exfoliator will use small beads in the form of a scrub.

 I thought I would share with you the three that I use and LOVE


Ren Glycolatic Radiance Renewal Mask



.This is a fruit enzyme mask that you leave on for about 10-15 minutes.
 It kind of looks like orange jelly...

The fruit enzymes will buff away the dead skin, and gives you the most amazing glow. It is one of the few masks that I believe you can see a difference with straight away. There are so many exfoliating masks on the market at the minute and I have tried loads that are double the price of this one and I ALWAYS come back to this one.

It is also great for a more sensitive skin because it is made with fruit acids.

I use this once a week, usually before I put a clay mask on.

Available from Spacenk

Cane and Austin Anti-Blemish/Acne pads.






These pads are amazing, I have had trouble with blemishes for years, and since I have started using these, I have really noticed a difference. The pads are 5% glycolic acid and 2% salicylic acid. Glycolic acid is derived from sugar, so a natural acid. Glycolic is a great exfoliator because it penetrates deeper than any other acid. So when it is coupled with salicylic acid it makes a  great acne treatment, as it will allow the salicylic acid to penetrate deeper than normal.

I use these every night after a cleanse as my exfoliating toner and I just love them, I honestly cant say enough about them!

I do think that anyone can use these, you may feel a slight tingle but that is normal.

Available from Spacenk

Be Fine Exfoliating Cleanser







This is the only physical exfoilator that I use. I started using this about a year ago, when I first really got into my skincare. I was researching exfoilators and I came across this one while watching Missglamorazzi on Youtube. I liked the sound of it, and it was affordable. A year on, and I still love it!

The scrub is made with brown sugar, sweet almonds and oats and when you put it onto wet skin, The bits lather into a lovely creamy cleanser that is really nourishing and leaves the skin feeling really clean and soft. I use this as my morning cleanser every other day.

Scrubs get a lot of bad hype so i stop using this for a while, and I really missed it. Therefore I believe if you use something and you like it and it works for you, happy days! Don't stop using something because another person doesn't like it.

One thing annoying about this, is the availability in the UK, however you can get it on ebay.

The only thing I would say about scrubs, is that when the beads are very small, sometime they can get caught underneath the skin, or be too harsh and scratch the surface of the skin, so be careful which one you choose!

Do you use any of these? If not what do you use?



No comments:

Post a Comment