Thursday 30 October 2014

Eve Lom Foundation




If I am honest my skin doesn't really get on with Eve Lom skincare , it works well for lots of people; including my mum, and I think it is a great range, I just don't use it. So when the complexion range was launched I wasn't overly excited, however I thought I would give the foundation a go.

The idea behind the whole range is that it is skincare with colour, so it is essentially helping the skin while you are wearing it. In terms of the foundation; there is plant extracts that are meant to help lift, firm and repair while keeping the skin hydrated.

There are quite a range of colours however I found it difficult finding one to suit me exactly...the lightest shade 'Alabaster' being a tad too light and the second shade 'ivory' being a tad too dark. However I tried alabaster as I can always add a touch of bronzer.
I tried it without any primer just so that I could see the staying power.
First impressions were good, it went onto the skin well and blended effortlessly. I would say that it is medium coverage...similar to Chanel Perfection Lumiere. It has a nice satin finish with a subtle radiance to it. I have oily skin but I love a real dewy finish which you don't really get with this foundation, however mixed with an illuminater you get a lovely glowing finish.




I have worn this foundation a few times in work and it has lasted pretty well for me, I did have to powder twice, but that is normal for me and it doesn't claim to be mega long lasting anyway.

All in all I think it is a lovely foundation and I will definitely use it regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment