Thursday 30 October 2014

The Mournes and Motivation

 Last weekend I set my alarm for 5: 30pm and I headed in the direction of the Mourne Mouintains, which for those of you not from Northern Ireland are the biggest mountains we have. I decided stupidly the day before to train legs...who does that??? Therefore my time on the mountains were anything but easy, and so it got me thinking about motivation. I think when it comes to anything in life we could all do so much better if we only had a bit more motivation...I know this is the case for me anyway.

In terms of my mountain climbing....I think it could have gone one of two ways;
a) I could have became majorly deflated and felt sorry for myself because I wasn't as fit as I thought
b)I could use it to motivate me to be better and become fitter.

I have to admit climbing up that first peak I was all for option one with a slice of red velvet cake (vegan of course) to go with it, but when I got to the top I was so proud, that I thought no...I will be better! So if you take anything away from this, it's to be motivated, feel motivated because when you put your mind to it and be positive, you can do it!

Below are a few pictures from my time on the mountain!



























No comments:

Post a Comment