Wednesday 14 August 2013

Best ways to remove make up



The only thing I hate about make up is, how annoying it is to take it off. Especially when you wake up in the morning with panda eyes!!

Having said this, there are a few types of products that for me make this task a LOT easier...

Cleansing balms/Oils
I have put balms and oils in the same section because they work in pretty much the same way, and alot of balms turn into an oil when mixed with water.

At the minute these seem to be the most popular products to remove your make up with..definitely the quickest and most effective way...NO PANDA EYES!

Directions; apply to dry skin and massage it in, this will dissolve all your make up. Even eye make up!

My favourites have to be the Emma Hardie cleansing balms and Nude cleansing oil.




Micellar waters

Again a very popular product at the minute. Micellar waters are great for taking of your make up on the go, or if you are just taking makeup off to put it back again (hence VERY popular with make up artists). In this sense they are great make up removers, but not great cleansers. They are not effective as your one and only cleanser...double cleansing would be a good idea.

I love these for removing my eye make up. So gentle.

The one I am using at the minute is the Ren Micellar water, but I do prefer the Bioderma Micellar water.






For me these two types of products are the best at removing make up. You can use cleansing milks, but this takes a while, and after trying for five minutes I always find myself reaching for....

Wipes...AKA the best way NOT to remove your make up!

I hate wipes, for several reasons;
1. Harsh and abrasive even so called 'gentle' ones still hurt my skin
2. Unhygienic... you are just moving make up all around your face...not washing it off
3. Used as an eye make up remover can cause wrinkles!!!!

So please think twice before using wipes!!


Hope this was useful



No comments:

Post a Comment