Saturday 17 August 2013

Exercise and Breakouts

To begin, I should probably tell you my skin type; I have oily acne prone skin. Constantly have either active breakouts or under the skin ones, so I try my hardest to keep them at bay.

However the last couple of months, I have really been getting into fitness,going to the gym about three to four times a week, and around this time my skin has been getting a lot worse...

Now I know that working out won't cause breakouts....but it did get me thinking about exercising and breakouts. So I came up with a few tips to make sure you don't break out just because you decided to work up a sweat!

1. One of the most important things is to make sure you are not cleaning your face too much. If you cleanse more often than you should then you are stripping your skin of all the natural oils, so your skin will overproduce more oil....hello breakouts!

If you go to the gym in the morning then just splash your face with water, then cleanse after the gym, if you go in the evening, cleanse before you go to take off your make up off and then after you can do your second cleanse and the rest of your routine. This just means you aren't cleansing too much but you are still cleaning your skin after the gym!

2. Another tip is to try not to touch your face when you are actually at the gym, I know this can be quite hard, but bacteria on your hands will definitely mount up from all the gym equipment and sweat, and you don't want to put that on your face! if you need to wipe your face, use a clean dry towel.

3. Also if you have long hair, make sure you pull it away from your face as you don't want any additional dirt or oils clogging your pores!!

4. Lastly and probably MOST importantly, drink lots of water...more than you normally would, as you are sweating more...so need to keep hydrated!

I hope this helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment