Wednesday 28 August 2013

Primers that can withstand the weather!

So as the title suggests I will be talking about which primers I think are the best...and can withstand any weather!!

As I have oily skin, a primer is a must for me otherwise my make up is off by lunch time. A lot of primers I have used before, I wore them because I thought I should and not because I thought they worked.

However there are a select few that I think do work...

The good all rounder;
The Smashbox Photo Primers are really lovely, they have a variety of different ones for every skin type,and they give you a nice smooth base for putting your make up on. I have to say I don't think these keep your make up on much longer, but the make up wears better throughout the day...if that makes sense. So by 12 pm I will probably still have to touch up, but my make up wont be noticeably off as usual just shiny...



These primers are available at boots and start from £12.50

The best one for pores;
The Algenist Pore Corrector Anti-Aging Primer' is a brilliant one for someone who has quite porous skin. It has quite a velvety matte texture, and when you rub it in, it just gives you this amazingly smooth skin. I have used this quite a few times and I really liked it, and I do think it made my make up last longer than normal. As an added bonus, it is anti-aging, and helps refine pores. The only thing that worries me about this primer is that it has silicone in it, (the reason why it gives such a smooth surface) although it is a natural one, my skin doesn't mix well with silicone....

This primer is £34 and is available at SpaceNK

The best one for oily skin;
The Hourglass Mineral Veil Oil Free Primer  is by far my favourite out of all these. I honestly cant say enough good things about this primer! Its and oil free primer, keeps your make up on all day (and I mean all day!!) and makes anything you put on over the top waterproof. Not only that but it sets your make up from underneath, so you don't actually need to powder afterwards, which is brilliant as that dewy look is what everybody wants right now!
Here is the downside... this primer is £52 for 30ml, however one pump should do your whole face and therefore the bottle should last 6 months. (you can get a 10ml bottle for £20, but that isn't really great value)



This is available at Spacenk

For Radiance;
I actually have two favourites for added radiance;
The Laura Mercier Radiance Primer and the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. Although the beauty flash balm, is not officially a primer, its a brilliant make up base. I think both of these are fairly similar the Laura Mercier primer being just a tad more shimmery and the beauty flash balm has anti aging benefits. These are the best for giving you a beautiful glow, but aren't gonna be amazing for longevity.




The Laura Mercier radiance primer is £28 and is available at Spacenk



The Clarins beauty flash balm is £29 and is available at Boots


So there we go, that is my pick of the primers, I hope this helps as I know it can be hard picking a primer!

xoxoxo



2 comments:

  1. Love the sound of the Mineral Veil for oily skin! Really enjoyed this post!!

    Lorraine x
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete